The Small Business Administration and Small Business Majority are offering a weekly webinars – Affordable Care Act 101. During each presentation, small business owners can learn the basics of the Affordable Care Act and what it means for their company and employees. SBA representatives help small business owners understand the facts of the Affordable Care Act so they can make informed decisions about providing health insurance for their employees.
This free series focuses on both federal and state provisions to help small business owners understand how the law will affect them. Topics being discussed include:
- Small business tax credits (available to businesses and tax-exempt non-profits)— who’s eligible for them and how to claim them
- Small business marketplaces
- Employer shared responsibility
- Cost containment
- Tools and resources available for small businesses interested in learning more about the law
A question and answer period will follow.
The Affordable Care Act 101 webinars take place on Thursdays from now through the opening of the marketplaces in October. Content will generally be the same each week. Below are the registration links for upcoming presentations.
- Thursday, August 22 at 2:00 PM ET: Click to Register
- Thursday, September 5 at 2:00 PM ET: Click to Register
- Thursday, September 12 at 2:00 PM ET: Click to Register
- Thursday, September 19 at 2:00 PM ET: Click to Register
- Thursday, September 26 at 2:00 PM ET: Click to Register
PayVision Online is committed to keeping you informed on the many, and often confusing ACA activities. We available at 214-442-5888 to help you understand the ACA and how it will affect your payroll and HR requirements.